Aftercare Landfill Manager - Nationwide
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management and Renewable Energy companies, with a impressing number of facilities throughout the UK.
With the focus on Landfill decreasing these facilities, both active and closed, still play an important part of their strategic business plan and as such they are looking for an experienced individual to lead this business moving forward.
The role itself:
In this position, you will manage the Aftercare function within Landfill Energy and provide full operational leadership to the Aftercare portfolio across both active and closed sites here in the UK.
You will provide leadership at a Regional and National level and maximise contribution from the company's Aftercare landfill sites by managing the long-term costs whist ensuring compliance with health, safety and environmental obligations. The role itself would suit a landfill professional who can think outside the box, with a creative and entrepreneurial mind to drive their landfill forward.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring Aftercare sites remain fully compliant with statutory, regulatory, legislative, BMS and corporate requirements.
- Pursuing the successful commercial/economic operation of the business to identify and incorporate new technologies into the business to maximise the existing landfill sites, reduce ongoing costs and maximising the use of the land itself.
- Maximising contribution from the company's Aftercare landfill sites by managing the long term costs, exposure to the Landfill Tax Regime for soils.
- Assisting in the definition, development and maintenance of appropriate operational standards in line with best practice and industry benchmarks.
- Developing a strong working relationship with the Power Generation team and Technical Support team to ensure that LFG volumes are optimised and that the landfill Energy business operates as a cohesive unit
- Assisting in the development of functional KPIs to identify business optimisation / change.
- Carrying out annual and timely Performance Appraisal Reviews (PARs) of all direct reportees and ensure that PARs are carried out throughout the team.
- Ensuring the longevity and integrity of the Landfill and Aftercare Business.
The ideal Landfill Aftercare Manager:
- Knowledge of the management of a large department/region at senior level.
- Excellent general understanding of waste industry and relevant legislation relating aftercare sites.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, willing to look at new technologies and industries that can work alongside their existing assets
- Good working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety practices and training particularly in risk assessments and safe operating procedures.
- Knowledge and competence in reviewing and influencing Asset Management and Planned/periodic maintenance systems e.g CMMS.
- Strong management, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines and constantly juggle priorities.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Well organised and logical thinker.
- Financially astute with good commercial acumen.
This is a first class opportunity to join a well established, forward thinking, waste specialist and really help increase the profitability and technological advancement of their landfill business.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.