- Global Leader in Developing, Investing & Operating Infrastructure Assets
- Oversee Performance on 3-4 Assets
- Construction, Commissioning and Operations Phase
Melbourne or Sydney Based
John Laing is a developer, investor and operator of infrastructure assets and renewable energy assets in Australia and internationally. The Asset Management division of the business is responsible for actively managing all aspects of project delivery over the whole of project life from construction through to and including the operational phases. In Australia, John Laing is an established business with corporate offices in Sydney and Melbourne and project offices in Brisbane and Perth.
Within Australia and New Zealand, John Laing currently has investments in:
- New Generation Rolling Stock (Brisbane, Queensland)
- New Perth Stadium (Perth, Western Australia)
- New Royal Adelaide Hospital (Adelaide, South Australia)
- Sydney Light Rail (Sydney, New South Wales)
- Auckland South Corrections Facility (Auckland, New Zealand)
- Hornsdale Wind Farm - Stage 1 and Stage 2 (Jamestown, South Australia)
- Kiata Wind Farm (Horsham, Victoria)
John Laing is now seeking an experienced Asset Director to work on existing and pipeline investment projects covering broad infrastructure asset types including Economic Infrastructure, Social Infrastructure and Renewable Energy.
Reporting to the APAC Asset Director, your core responsibilities will cover those of a Company Director sitting on the SPV Board of the respective Project Companies and complying with lawful and ethical standards. For Operational Assets, you will work closely with the Project Co executive management team and Board to identify key risks and mitigants and actively contribute to project governance and stakeholder relationships.
In the medium term the role is expected to expand to provide assistance to the Primary Investments team during the procurement phase of pipeline projects. .
To be successful in securing this position you will be expected to profile similar to the following:
- Minimum 10 years+ Financial / Commercial / Technical experience in a Project Finance, PPP environment;
- Experience in financial and management accounting, reporting, planning, budgeting and analysis with an understanding of financial models;
- Experience at Board level as a Director or Finance Director and with experience managing banking, adviser and stakeholder relationships;
- Experience in influencing decision making within a consortium, conflict mitigation and resolution;
- Experience across a broad range of asset classes/projects
- Degree qualifications in a relevant field (Finance, Economics, Law, Engineering or Business) with relevant professional memberships/affiliations.
Please note, Phillip Riley has been retained as the Executive Search partner for this assignment and any direct or third party applications will be forwarded to Phillip Riley for objective assessment and consideration.
For a confidential conversation, please contact Scott Robinson on +61(0)450024827, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org or "Apply" attaching a resume (in WORD format) and brief cover letter addressing the selection criteria above, quoting job reference job reference 2414038.
Connect via LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/scottjrobinson
Connect via LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/iliaspanagiotidis
Connect via LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/in/owen-bleakley-6a8721
Connect via LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/in/ben-cowie-7b494726
Connect via LinkedIn https://au.linkedin.com/in/ryanhauville
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/phillip-riley