Assistant Shift Operator - Energy from Waste
Up to £34,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a leading Waste Management company in the UK and are recruiting for an Assistant Shift Operator to join the Operations Team of their newest plant.
Working at their newest facility in Buckinghamshire, capable of diverting up to 300,000 tonnes of waste from landfill and in turn producing ~22MW of electricity. A state of the art facility with a contract in place to forge a successful career in power generation, this is an ideal opportunity to join the Operations Team as a Shift Operator.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Manager, as Assistant Shift Operator, you will be responsible for:
- The safe and efficient operation of the plant during normalised running hours and also during start-up/shut-down procedures
- Reporting of incidents in a timely manner
- Ensuring compliance with the Environmental Permit, H&S Legislation and the company's QMS
- Carry out plant inspections, tasks and procedures
- Carry out first line maintenance
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Apprenticeship/City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 in an Engineering discipline
- Royal Navy Junior Engineers would also be a good fit
- Experience working in a process environment
- High standard of Health & Safety, ideally with a H&S qualification/certificate
- Worked to Safe Systems of Work/Safety Rules
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £34,000
- Company Benefits including a Company Pension
- Opportunity to join a modern Energy from Waste Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.