Biomass Power Station Manager - salary to £60,000 + bonus. Stirlingshire, Scotland. UK
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced power station professional to take a pivotal role in the development, commissioning and subsequent operation of a significant (5.5MWe) Biomass CHP Project in the Trossachs National Park.
The role is highly interesting and involves finalising the arrangements for the imminent commissioning of the power station, recruiting and managing the operational team, helping to develop the procedures for the operation and maintenance activities, and overseeing the transition from a construction to an operating project.
We're looking for a high calibre engineer (preferably HV SAP status) with solid operational experience in thermal power generation to manage the plant on an ongoing basis.
Experience of Biomass CHP and / or Advanced Gasification Technology is particlularly attractive.
You'll relish a challenge and have a flexible approach to operational delivery, especially through the commissioning stage.
- Education to degree level or equivalent in related field of engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a power plant environment, ideally thermal power plant, including time spent in a management role.
- Knowledge and experience of CHP generation, ideally using biomass as a fuel source.
- Proven ability to influence and maintain positive working relationships.
- Knowledgeable, and promote highest standards of, health, safety and environmental compliance.
- HV Senior Authorised Person qualification preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident use of MS Project and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to attend site out of hours (where required) and to attend external meetings in London and Cambridge
- Fluent in English.
- Right to work in UK.
- It's imperative that you can attend the site on a daily basis, the site is north of Glasgow and Edinburgh and approximately 1.5 hours hours drive from each.
This role is offered on a fully employed basis, with a competitive base salary (negotiable based on experience and value) likely in the range £50,000 - £60,000, plus discretionary bonus scheme linked to operational performance.