Business Audit Manager – office based Nottingham or Coventry, 6 months contract with the possibility to go permanent, base salary £43,000 - £55,000
One of the Big 6 utility companies in the UK is currently looking to expand its Corporate Audit team with an experienced Business Audit Manager. You’ll join a true market leader in their continuous growth and development.
As a Business Audit Manager, you will take a significant part in the Corporate Audit team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and development of the internal audit function providing the assurance that effective systems of internal control operate across the company.
You will undertake internal audits of controls systems and business processes and will provide recommendations to local management for improvements.
The role will adopt a smart, risk-based approach, including regular audit reviews and a solid audit plan.
We are looking for an experienced Audit Manager with previous experience working in a commercial / industrial type of organisation.
You will have very good knowledge of risk assessment, finances and will possess the acumen for developing and implementing strategies relating to the above.
You’ll also think up practically – finding better ways to improve processes and controls.
Essential skill requirements:
- Qualified Auditor
- Business/Operational Audit experience
- Well-developed strategic thinking skills, with the ability to think laterally and demonstrate ability to identify the most appropriate course of action.
- Solid relationship management skills and the ability to effectively influence
- Outstanding communication skills at all levels
- Right to work in the UK
- Previous experience in a multicultural environment
- Ideally experience of Energy processes and procedures
- Evidence of regulatory understanding and interpretation and a robust understanding of the commercial risks surrounding the business
This will be a 6 months contract with the possibility to grow into a permanent role after the first 6 months. Base salary in the range of £43,000 - £55,000 will be provided.
The role will be office based but flexible in terms of location. You can work from the Coventry or Nottingham office and frequent travelling will be required.