Job Title Business Support Manager - Waste Management - Up to £45k
Competitive salary, car, bonus and excellent benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and as such are seeking an experienced Business Support Manager to work with them developing a key Local Authority Waste Contract. With a growing focus on Recycling and the Circular Economy this is proving to be one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK, offering both secure & lengthy careers working with an established and well regarded employer.
About the role
You will undertake a range of project work to assist the Contract Management team in meeting and exceeding its overarching business objectives. Working in conjunction with Business Systems and other areas of the business you will develop and implement systems that will transform the way we do business in future.
In addition, you will produce, analyse, sense check and present a range of information in the development of 'Improvement Initiatives' and monitor current performance.
You will understand fully the contractual responsibilities throughout the Contract and advise the relevant Business Managers accordingly.
- Through project managing, you will create operational efficiencies and enable Contract Managers to run more efficient and effective operations.
- Managing the internal systems effectively to ensure Managers are delivering services according to prescribed timescales and within financial constraints.
- Working with existing and prospective clients to produce credible service proposals for new or additional services, contract extensions and alternative contract arrangements.
- Adding value to our client's service offering, e.g. by development of carbon reduction plans, service improvement plans, operational method statements.
- Assist in the 'Contract Review' process and the subsequent development of 'Improvement Plans'.
- Manage the development and implementation of information systems that will transform the way in which business is conducted.
- Work closely with the business and the Contract Managers to ensure the solutions delivered meet business expectations through effective communication.
- Through an understanding of the business drivers, develop and improve KPI's used to help manage the business.
- Manage the Call Centre, Administration and Compliance teams to ensure the Contract and legislative requirements are met and exceeded.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Must understand the 'workings' of Local Government or similar organisations- previous employment in a local authority desirable but not essential.
- Must have a robust understanding of waste management or similar service driven operations in order to confidently advise others on improvements.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and H&S.
- Must possess the ability to communicate and motivate.
- Ability to manage change and system improvements within a multi-site environment.
- Excellent, persuasion, negotiating and influencing skills, particularly in client-facing situations - the ability to manage customer expectations is key to the role.
- Breadth of experience from different aspects of the business (e.g. operations, finance, administration, development, project work).
- Business / commercial acumen - with a common sense approach to problem solving
- Financial acumen and ability to understand financial documents e.g. P&Ls, balance sheets.
- Human Resource and Disciplinary experience essential.
- Ability to identify the key drivers for delivering improvements.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Must be able to work extremely well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Prince 2 desirable.
- A business related qualification e.g. certificate/diploma in Business Studies required
What's on offer to you
This opening presents a first class opportunity to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, providing help and guidance on a major Waste Management PFI in South Yorkshire. In return they can offer a competitive salary and package, including car allowance and bonus, full training and career development. The role will also provide a competitive annual performance related bonus and annual salary appraisal.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.