C&I Engineer - New Build Energy from Waste Power Station
Salary up to £58,000 + Benefits.
We are currently recruiting for a Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to join the maintenance department of this new build EFW facility. The C&I Engineer will play an integral part in ensuring the facilities instrumentation and control systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
The plant will combust municipal waste at a rate of 275,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 22 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 30,000 homes.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of a C&I Engineer will include:
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all controls & instrumentation maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Leading and managing a team of C&I Technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Planning outages & project work.
- Managing strategic spares.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Assisting in the setting up and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
What experience does role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A recognised engineering qualification at HNC level (or equivalent)
- Extensive knowledge of controls and instrumentation systems, including DCS, SCADA, and PLC's and instruments (pressure, temperature, flow, ETC)
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as Power Generation, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas etc.
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential.
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A highly competitive basic salary up to £58,000
- Benefits Package
- A chance to join one of the UK's newest Energy from Waste facilities.
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to discuss it further, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or send a CV and Cover Note to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.