Control & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station
Up to £34,000 + Benefits
We're currently recruiting a Controls and Instrumentation Technician to join the maintenance department of an operational biomass power station in the Cambridgeshire area.
What you will be doing...
- Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader you will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all controls and instrumentation assets across the power station. Typical duties will include:
- Fault finding/maintaining instrumentation (pressure, temperature, level, flow etc.)
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Providing support to the electrical maintenance team
- Assisting in plant shutdowns / outages
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
What you will need...
- A recognised apprenticeship in Electrical or C&I Engineering
- Ideally an HNC/ONC/NVQ in a relevant engineering discipline.
- At least 4 years' experience in the maintenance department in a heavy process plants such as power station, petrochemical, refinery, paper mill or pharmaceutical etc.
- An excellent understanding of PLC's and DCS
What's in it for you...
- A salary up to £34,000
- Other benefits including pension and holiday
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.