Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £37,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Control and Instrument Technician to join the maintenance department of a new build Energy from Waste Power Station in South London. The C&I Technician will play an integral part in ensuring the plants Control systems and Instrumentation equipment are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
Using state of the art technology, this plant will combust municipal waste at rate of 275,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 22 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 30,000 homes.
This is a rare opportunity to join the Maintenance Department during the Plant's commissioning, giving you the chance to gain valuable experience in how the plant is put together and operated.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a C&I Technician will include reporting to the C&I Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and preventative maintenance duties on all control and instrumentation equipment across the site.
- Fault finding/maintaining instrumentation (Pressure, temperature, level, flow etc)
- Programming the sites DCS/PLC equipment
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assisting in plant shutdowns and outages
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
- At least three years' experience in a maintenance department in a Process Environment with hands on experience on Control Systems (DCS, SCADA, PLC's) and Instrumentation (flow, pressure, temperature, level etc) equipment
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary up to £37,000
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
- The opportunity to join a brand-new facility
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 221 600 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.