This role is divided into several key areas of responsibility:
- Management and development of the existing CAD function,
- Allocation of CAD / Modelling on projects,
- Transition the CAD team towards a fully 3D environment, providing training as required, both for project design and construction teams covering Principles of BIM, 3D Modelling (principles, processes, procedures and techniques as appropriate), and Revit, Civil3D and NavisWorks,
- Leading the CAD function towards a BIM focus, ensuring relevant standards, methods and discipline is aligned to the organisations QA processes.
The key requirements of the role:
- Proven capabilities in 3D modelling with relevant and appropriate qualifications and experiences to support. Extensive experience with Autodesk 3D modelling tools.
- A background in process engineering with qualifications to support e.g utilities, water, energy, rail
- Strong team management skills, with evidence of coaching, training and developing individual members,
- Experience of using and applying coming engineering software and IT to support design activities,
- A demonstrable interest in process improvement with a emphasis on 3D modelling activities,
- Understanding and awareness of the "8 pillars" of BIM Level 2 and direct experience of working on BIM Projects,
- Experience in remote team management,
- Excellent motivation skills and a highly effective communicator.
As the team is split across 3 different locations around the UK, there is a need for you to have a Full UK Driving License and a willingness to travel. Whilst there is a preference for this role to be based in Surrey, it can also be based at other locations. This is a permanent position and comes with a good benefits package.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.