We are currently looking for an experienced carbon and climate change consultant to join our environmental team in the UK to be based in our Birmingham or Brighton office.
The successful candidate will have solid experience within a similar role and would be responsible for the delivery of carbon and climate change assessments for a wide range of projects.
- leading the delivery of carbon management and carbon footprinting projects following relevant standards such as PAS2080
- carbon and climate change aspects of environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and planning applications
- advising on carbon and climate change related risks for due diligence work
- assessing the performance of projects against national and international standards and to inform the development of project design
A mix of long-term and short-term projects internationally can be expected. The role is likely to involve other carbon-related work, including compliance issues and advisory services, as well as involvement in wider environment-related projects.
This role is within Mott MacDonald's major global power business, but will provide support services to other major infrastructure projects in the UK and worldwide.
The role involves mentoring of junior staff, contributing to winning new work and will often be client facing.
Our projects are global and international travel will be required from time to time.
We welcome applications from consultants with the following experience:
- experience in leading the delivery of carbon footprinting / carbon management projects across a range of project types delivery against scope, quality and budget
- working knowledge of legislation and policy influencing carbon and climate change
- working knowledge of key methodologies and data sources associated with carbon footprinting
- well rounded knowledge on wider sustainability and climate change issues
- experience in environmental impact assessment, and working within EIA teams
- degree / post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline
- excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- excellent numerical skills, including the use of Excel and other tools
- power sector experience
- experience working in a consultancy, contractor or infrastructure organisation
- understanding of linked environmental topics such as air quality
- experience in renewable energy or financial aspects of carbon management
- experience of mentoring junior staff
- membership of a relevant institute
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.