CEO - Solar Trade Association - London. U.K. Competitive base salary, to £70,000 plus bonus and benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the solar energy and storage sector.
As the UK's leading solar organisation, the STA has an exceptional and proven track record of supporting rapid industry growth and winning policy breakthroughs. The STA is therefore uniquely placed to influence government and assist its members in realising future market opportunities at a time of dramatic change in the energy market.
We are seeking to hire a confident, ambitious, commercially minded CEO to oversee the next phase of growth in this vitally important sector.
The role assumes broad responsibility for the successful operation of the organisation and reports directly to the Chairman and STA Board. Applicants must be adept at working in a fast-paced environment, applying their experience across a wide range of functions, leading a small and highly committed team.
There will be a strong emphasis on growing the Association through increased membership and other revenue generating business opportunities.
The role is full time and based in central London.
You will have a proven track record of delivering impressive results in senior roles, preferably from the energy, sustainability or public policy sectors.
It's essential that you combine strong business acumen and operational management skills with a thoughtful strategic approach.
You'll likely have a clear view on how the changing landscape (for example, the imminent proliferation of EVs and new A.I based energy management tools, plus constraints on the existing grid), presents significant growth opportunities for solar energy and storage related technologies, and for the STA to broaden its sphere of influence and increase its membership base.
- A relevant undergraduate degree
- At least 5 years' senior management experience
- An entrepreneurial mind-set with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Track record of delivering against demanding commercial targets
- Very strong numeracy, analytical and spread-sheet skills
- Sound understanding of accounting and corporate governance requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a non-expert audience
- Highly motivated and passionate about solar energy, storage, and the wider renewables sector
- Right to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Proven experience in a CEO or commensurate position
- Experience of working with and/or lobbying senior government officials
- Confident navigating, constructing and communicating economic models
- Detailed knowledge of solar and storage policy in the UK and internationally
This role represents a unique opportunity to help shape a crucial part of the UK's energy mix and offers a competitive base salary to £70,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Please apply via our retained recruitment advisors, Igloo3.