Chief Sales Officer (CSO)
Central Region, Denmark
Intelligent Employment are recruiting for CSO to support business growth and strategy globally. You should have previous experience selling technical products and solutions within the Wind Energy sector, and have a large network of contacts within the industry as this role would be split 60% management and 40% hands on.
To help strengthen the go-to market strategy and the strategy implementation, we are looking for a strong hands-on Chief Sales Officer (CSO) who successfully can lead and develop the global sales team and ensure the penetration of the market among OEM’s and large assets owners in the EMEA and Americas region.
The sales team consist of employees placed in Denmark, Germany, Poland and Americas. On the Spanish market, the sales department has a local partner for penetrating the market.
This position will demand a hunter profile combined with strong managerial competences due to the expected growth. At the same time, the CSO needs to be very hands-on and a high-performer on strategic, tactical and operational levels.
The CSO will have the ability and experience to communicate and sell on C level in the renewable industry. To succeed in this position, the CSO needs to combine a relevant background within the renewables (wind energy) with a strong track record and personal drive for promoting and selling technical solutions or the like to larger organizations as well as the ability to build and manage a sales team.
The CSO must have the ability, experience and ambitions to play a significant role in close cooperation with the rest of the management and the CEO, for the continued growth of the company.
Responsibilities will include;
- Develop company sales strategy and implementation within the company's corporate goals and strategy.
- Secure a commercially driven sales organization which is able to penetrate larger organizations.
- Secure market, customer and competitor knowledge and for turning this knowledge into actions and suggested market, customer, product, solution, service and marketing changes.
- Responsible for goals, actions plan and the prioritizing of sales resources as well as for all sales related processes and tools.
- Responsible for organizing, setting the team and develop the competences within the sales organization as well as for all sales related events like exhibitions and conferences in Europe and Americas in close cooperation with marketing.
- Secure cost of selling is reduced over the years by focusing on changes/improvements in customer and market focus, in processes and tools and in sales resources and organization.
- Responsible for the CRM system, data quality, sales reporting and sales forecasting.
- Responsible for conducting customer satisfaction surveys.
- Presentation at Board meetings of sales strategy, actions, results and forecasts.
- Participation in the international management team.
- Have a personal sales budget that equals 40% of the time spent.
- Approx. 40-50 travel days per year are to be expected.
- The CSO will be part of the HQ organization placed in Silkeborg, Denmark.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- You have minimum 5 years sales experience from relevant part of the renewable industry with a commercial or technical background. Education background is not the most important thing, but relevant experience is key, and you can demonstrate a strong track record of sales at key account level.
- You understand the operation of wind power plants.
- You have achieved outstanding results within sales and is motivated by being in direct contact with customers as well as manage an international sales team.
- You have strong management competence where the ability to balance the stick and carrot approach are key to success.
- You have personal power and a winning attitude combined with the ability to listen and understand customer requirements and make the connection with the contribution of internal stakeholders to create win-win situations.
- You will be responsible for creating sales results, but are also motivated by being part of a management team where knowledge sharing and teamwork is key.
- You can demonstrate communication and negotiating skills at a high level that naturally creates authority through authentic and trust worthy behaviour.
- You are ready to do travelling in the region.
- Hunter mentality
- A good network and knowledge of OEM’s, Utilities and IPP’s in Southern Europe.
- Entrepreneurial, and be able to work autonomously.
- Previous experience of opening an office or growing international teams.
Language requirements: You speak and write English fluently and preferably one other language: German, French, Spanish or Italian.
Headquartered in Northern Europe, our client is an international specialist who offer full value chain solutions to the Wind Energy Sector including HW solutions, SW solution, Installation & Commissioning, Consulting and Value Adding Services.