Process Safety Advisor - COMAH
North West England
£45,000 + Car Allowance of £6,600 or Full Expensed Car + Fuel Card + Additional Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Process Safety Advisor to join an experienced QHS team, working for a highly desired employer over several different COMAH sites around the North West of England and one in Milton Keynes. You will play a lead role in providing professional advice and support on all QHSE issues with an emphasis on process safety and managing interactions with the EA.
About the vacancy
As the Process Safety Advisor, you will be reporting to the National QHS Manager and your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Conducting technical audits of topics relating to COMAH/ EA
- You will be responsible for assisting in the evaluation of potential impacts of forthcoming regulatory changes and support Operations in the implementation of measures to address those changes
- Supporting the delivery of the Human Factors and Competence Strategy programmes across the Industrial Customers Business
- You will be advising and assisting operations on technical matters including major hazard and accident diagnosis and risk evaluations
- Assist the operations and engineering departments in implementing and developing systems to manage risks associated to people, plant, equipment, procedures and processes.
- Providing support to the ICB and assist operations in preparing and addressing concerns arising out of HSE intervention visits.
The right candidate
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- At least 4 years of experience in a COMAH environment i.e. chemical plant, refinery or pharmaceutical, ideally in a safety or environmental role
- An excellent understanding of HSE processes and procedures that need to be adhered to on a COMAH site
- A NEBOSH diploma qualification as a minimum
- A full UK driving licence is required for this role as you will be covering numerous sites
Our client offers a great benefits package for the selected Process Safety Advisor:
- A salary of up to £45,000
- Car allowance of £6,600 or the choice of a fully expensed car
- Fuel card
- A performance related bonus up to 20% bonus
- Pension and medical cover for you and your family
How to apply
To apply or hear more information about the role, please either call the office or email your CV to Olivia Naylor via the details below:
02392 288 208
PLEASE NOTE - all candidates MUST have the right to work in the UK. Any other Visa apart from Indefinite Leave to Remain will be rejected.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.