Commercial and Site Operations Manager - Offshore Wind
About the project…
We are working with one of the worlds largest offshore wind operators who are developing the Rampion project off the coast of Sussex in the UK.
The Rampion project is now in the construction phase and is scheduled to be finished in the summer of 2018. When connected, the project will have a target capacity of around 400mw, making it one of the largest offshore wind farms ever built.
About the opportunity…
Right now we're seeking a talented professional with a strong commercial background to help with the delivery of the project. This is a unique client-facing role where you will act as a bridge between the investors and E.ON (who you'll be employed by) on the running of the company and operation of the site.
You'll work closely with their strategic investment partners and be responsible for the delivery of the Rampion joint venture on their behalf. You'll also work closely with several key internal functions, including Procurement, Accounts, HR, Finance and IT. Collaborating these functions, you'll need to ensure that contractual obligations for the site and their customers are delivered efficiently and in full.
You'll directly manage a small team and act as a key player as part of the site management team.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a driven, experienced professional to take the next step in their career and have a significant impact on one of the most exciting projects in Europe.
About the skill requirements…
You'll need to have a proven track record of Leadership, Asset Operations, Service Delivery and Contract Management within the energy industry, and ideally within wind.
- Relevant Degree
- Several years of experience in the energy business, preferably within the wind industry.
- A proven background in asset operations within a utility or similar is beneficial.
- Strong leadership skills, with track record managing performance and developing teams
- Significant experience in service delivery to a direct customer
- Experience in contract management and building beneficial supplier relationships, Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Experience with the management of joint venture organisations or complex stakeholder management
About location and salary…
The role will be based out of the Rampion headquarters in Newhaven, East Sussex. You'll need to be able to attend the office most days so you'll need to be commutable or able to relocate during the week. Newhaven is about 30 minutes' drive / train from Brighton.
Salary will be between £56,102 and £68,4343 per annum. As befits a company of E.ONs stature there is an excellent benefits package on offer including health insurance and one of the best pension schemes in the industry.