Commercial Project Director
Nature and Scope
To direct the project execution of a major renewable energy development located in West Africa. The Project Director will be based in country for the full term of the contract, which is fixed at 24 months, and will hold overall responsibility for the commercial, technical, and HSE aspects of the project. The successful candidate will blend a solid engineering background with strong commercial instincts and a detailed technical understanding and first-hand experience of EPC contractual delivery.
The Project Director will be responsible for delivering the project from financial close to commercial operations, maintaining accountability for the direction of all matters relating to the EPC contract and the Company's delivery to schedule and budget.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Fluent to a contractual negotiation level in French and English, both verbal and written.
- Extensive experience of the construction of power projects with non-recourse finance arrangements, to include site based experience of large scale developments in Africa or other growth markets.
- Demonstrable experience as the commercial lead for the Owner or EPC contractor through project execution for large scale activity, to include management of EPC contractors, sub-contractors and owner's engineering teams, contractual terms and conditions, and risk management.
- Broad understanding of all engineering disciplines as they relate to a construction project and significant knowledge of construction methods, ideally relating to power generation facilities.
- History of success with management of health, safety, environmental, social and governance risks in large scale projects.
- First rate communication, presentation, and reporting skills, confident with relationship management of shareholders, lenders, local government, and contractors.
Salary and Benefits
An extensive resettlement and remuneration package to be discussed on application. This is a landmark project with extreme significance for the country of origin and will be a challenging and rewarding experience to deliver.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail, or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.