Construction Manager, photovoltaics, Mauritius
8 month fixed term contract
Intelligent Employment are seeking a Construction Manager for two PV projects in Mauritius. This role is an 8-month fixed term contract, working for an international renewable energy developer.
- Fluent in French & English
- Previous experience in PV Construction
- A strong Electrical background
- Able to work as a freelancer
As the Construction Manager for Mauritius you would be responsible for two PV projects (15+10MW), your day to day responsibilities will include;
- Coordinate the various works and subcontractors for solar or wind projects;
- Coordinate the supply logistics of the site (transport, customs clearance) in collaboration with the Group Construction Manager (based in France) and with the support of a local freight forwarder;
- Follow the construction by checking the axes budget, quality, delay, security;
- You are the interface to coordinate the electrical and telephone connection works with the local dealers in collaboration, if necessary;
- You organize a weekly site meeting with all the stakeholders and write a meeting report that is sent to the stakeholders and the Group Construction Manager;
- You notify the Group Construction Manager of any deviations in time, quality, safety or budget;
- You coordinate the technical receipts and reservations and collect the works files executed for delivery to our operations department.
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- Degree in engineering, civil engineering or electrical engineering.
- 3 to 5 years on the job experience, ideally in Solar PV.
- Fluent in both French and English.
- Experienced in co-ordinating subcontractors.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation & communication skills.
- Competent user of office software & AutoCad
You would be working for an independent leader in the production of green energy, the Group's activities range from development to operation, financing and construction of renewable energy production sites.
Today, using a portfolio of 390 MW in installed capacity, QUADRAN aims to operate around 1,000 MW by 2020. The group, which is composed of more than 200 employees, now relies on a network of 13 branches and subsidiaries in mainland France and in the overseas departments and territories and is expanding abroad. In order to support the growth of these activities in the overseas departments and overseas, the company is seeking a Construction Manager for Mauritius.