Control and Instrument Technician - Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits including Bonus, Pension and Medical
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking for two Control and Instrument Technicians for a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) Power Station on the South Coast of the UK.
Working Monday - Friday on a Shift Rota of Earlies and Lates (7-3 and 9-4:30) this is an excellent opportunity to join a large scale Power Station producing over 800MW for approximately 1 million homes.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the C&I Engineer and working within the Maintenance Department, you will be responsible for the following:
- Carrying out pre-planned and preventative maintenance duties on all Control & Instrumentation equipment across the site.
- Fault finding, maintaining and calibration on Instrumentation (pressure, level, temperature, DCS', PLCs)
- Provide specialist support to the Production Department
- Assisting in plant improvement projects, shutdowns and outages including the supervision of contract staff
- Identify areas for improvement of C&I systems, maximising plant availability and efficiency
- Maintaining the Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
- Act as a Competent Person role under the Safe Systems of Work
Qualifications & Skillset
We are looking for a C&I Technician with the following:
- ONC/HNC/HND Qualified in a relevant Control & Instrumentation field
- At least three years' experience working on a CMMS and taking part in regular maintenance activities
- Experience with Siemens T3000 and Siemens S7 PLC's
- Knowledge of SIS, PSSR, ATEX and relevant legislation
- Able to compile Risk Assessments & Method Statements & Work Instructions
Salary & Benefits
On offer for the C&I Technician role is the following:
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 15% Company Bonus (Performance related)
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 221 600 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.