Our client is looking for senior leaders to join an exciting new venture – to launch and grow a renewable energy business platform, focussing on wind and solar power generation in the USA.
The Director of Business Development will identify and arrange business structures for renewable energy projects.
- Prepare a Business Development strategic plan to enable the company to achieve its short and medium targets, in line with budget and time frames
- Monitor and approach the renewable market to develop commercially attractive opportunities to ensure the growth and achievement of company targets
- Drive new market analyses
- Source and secure viable wind and solar projects with strong fundamentals in target markets, for the evaluation of acquisition prospects
- Create and maintain effective and supportive relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Record project updates and progress reports. Identify potential risks and present solutions and mitigation measures
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and requirements
- Assure project-specific financial models capture all corresponding development
- University degree in relevant disciplines (i.e. economics, engineering, business administration)
- Strong understanding and proven track record of successful development of US wind and solar projects
- Experience in developing projects through the full life cycle
- Experience in acquiring renewable power projects and leading them to successful completion
- Strong drive to deliver results
- Flexibility to travel as required, supporting the US business plan