EC&I Technician - CHP & District Heating
Up to £44,500 + Benefits
You will be working for one of the "Big Six" Energy companies in the UK supporting their Energy Generation assets and providing hands on maintenance support throughout London. As an EC&I Technician you'll be responsible for the planning and co-ordination of maintenance works along with identifying areas for improvement to achieve the goal of improving asset performance and reducing unplanned downtime.
This role will also involve opportunities to work on sites throughout the UK and be a key member of future development projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Senior Asset Management Engineer as the EC&I Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding/maintaining electrical systems, instrumentation (pressure, temperature, level & flow) and control systems (calibration and programming)
- Providing technical advice to the Asset Management Engineer and assist with EC&I issues
- Identify and implement plant improvements to improve performance and to optimise efficiency
- Support in the supervision of the contractors on site and conduct plant and area safety inspections when required.
- Making sure all maintenance reports and logs are kept up to date via the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved efficiently and ensuring all health, safety and environmental procedures and legislations are adhered to.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum HNC/NVQ Level 4 in relevant Engineering disciple (Instrument, Measurement, Control, Electrical fields)
- Have significant experience working with PLC's, Control Systems, DCS, SCADA and Instrumentation and 11kV experience
- IOSH/NEBOSH or relevant Health & Safety qualification
- AP/Authorised Person Competency
- Qualified with 17th Edition / Part P Electrical Installation
- Working experience from a similar industry such as Power Station, Energy from Waste, Biomass, Refinery, Petrochemical etc
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary up to £44,500 plus London Weighting Allowance
- Company Van
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work for one of the UK's biggest and leading Power Generation companies
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.