Electrical Bias Multi Skilled Technician (NIGHTS) - Waste & Power
£37,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting an electrical bias multi skilled technician to join a new Energy from Waste power generation site located on the East of Leeds. This role is a NIGHTS role working 9:30pm - 6am (Monday to Friday) predominately on the Mechanical Pre-Treatment facility but also on the new Energy from Waste power station to ensure continuous coverage of maintenance across both sites.
Reporting in to the Maintenance Engineer, typical duties will involve:
- Support and liaise with Operations & Maintenance staff to complete planned preventative maintenance activities on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including rotating equipment, over-head cranes, motors, valves, pumps, switchgear variable speed drives, conveyor systems, instruments and PLCs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Managing the site utilities and services equipment to optimise operation and maximise reliability
- Assisting during major maintenance periods (shut downs, outages etc.) when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on a range of equipment and effect immediate repairs
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
A relevant technical engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline - mechanical, electrical or C&I
- At least 5 years of experience working in the maintenance department in a heavy process environment. This can be a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill. Electrically biased Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered.
- Detailed knowledge of plant and maintenance systems and their functionality. CMMS experience would be desirable
- A flexible approach to working patterns. You will form part of a call out rota that includes some weekend work and bank holidays
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary of circa £37,000
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
- The opportunity to join a brand-new facility
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to find out more information, call Astute Technical Recruitment and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton on 02392 221 600 or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.