Electrical Design Engineer - Off Grid Solar / PV
|Job Title:||Electrical Design Engineer - Off Grid Solar / PV|
|Salary:||£40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Contact Name:||Sean Tierney|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2017 11:52|
Electrical Engineer - Renewable Energy Systems (RES), Grid-connected and Off-grid Solar, Hybrid generator systems, micro-grids and mini-grids, Electrical System Design
Job Description / Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for the design of electrical system including but not limited to:
*Planning and sizing of:
*Electrical system (LV)
*Micro or mini-grid
*PV systems (small to large scale)
*Off-grid and hybrid systems
*Systems and SCADA configuration
*Technical report and project documentation
*Prototypes and testing
The candidate will assist and report to the line Manager during the engineering, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of the system.
- Work with the Engineering Team and in-line Managers to ensure customers' needs are met.
- Develop Project Implementation Plans for major projects or several smaller, but complex projects, or for the design within a specific discipline.
- Maintain engineering records, lists and reports as required to ensure compliance with the scheduled project plan, adherence to the budget, adherence to procurement specification, or to ensure engineering problems are monitored and resolved.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Graduated Engineering Electrical, preferred if specialised in Renewables, knowledge in off-grid and hybrid systems design or operations would constitute an advantage.
Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in PV power generation system grid connected, off-grid and hybrid systems.
The candidate should be willing to travel across various foreign Countries where the projects are located.
Software skills required:
- Electrical calculation tools
- PVsyst or other PV simulators
- Homer would be an asset
English mother tongue.
French would be an asset
For more information about this role please contact our London office
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
O&M Manager- Solar
Head of Solar Project Development
Head of Project Management
Financial Accountant - renewable energy asset management
City of London, London
£37500 - £45000 per annum + + good benefits