Our client is a leading edge, innovative company focusing on offshore renewable
energy through the design and manufacture of a commercially viable wave energy
convertor (WEC). Moving forward to the mobilisation phase, the WEC project
requires a proficient Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for the testing,
installation and maintenance of the electrical power and control systems on this
innovative wave energy device. They will also be expected to utilise their relevant
experience to the support the design engineer as the system design matures.
- Responsible for all aspects of the installation and maintenance of the electrical generation, storage and control systems.
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations.
- Estimating material, construction, labour costs, and project timescales.
- Coordinating technicians and craftspeople.
- Design review, analysing data and submitting any relevant improvements.
- Assisting the Technical Director with the compilation and endorsement of all trial and Standard Operating Procedure documentation related to the electrical power systems
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant electrical and construction safety regulations are met.
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
- Communicating with contractors for the testing, acceptance and timely delivery of equipment.
- A detailed knowledge of electrical generation, storage and control systems
- A commercial awareness and experience of working with contractors.
- Excellent inter personal skills and be comfortable workings as both a team leader or member.
- A detailed understanding of electrical health and safety regulations.
- The ability to analyze data and the confidence to suggest design improvements as required.
- Good keyboard skills and working knowledge of PC packages.
- Adaptable and willingness to work offshore for short periods as required.
Ideally some element of marine electrical experience.
Commissioning and set to work experience.
Knowledge of computer-assisted engineering and design software .
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £32,000.00 /year