Electrical Maintenance Technician - Energy from Waste
Circa £34,100 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician to join the Maintenance department of a large energy from waste power station in the Cheshire area. This plant processes 850,000 tonnes of waste per year and generates up to 70MW of electricity which is exported to the national grid, enough to power over 80,000 homes.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all electrical equipment including motors, transformer, switchgear, variable speed drives etc
- Ensuring the site CMMS is kept up to date and tasks are followed through appropriately
- Assisting during major maintenance periods (shut downs, outages etc.) when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on a range of equipment and effect immediate repairs
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC in an electrical engineering discipline
- At least 4 years' experience in a hands-on maintenance role in a heavy process environment e.g. power station (coal, CCGT, CHP), EFW, biomass, steel, refinery etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered at LET level
- Experience maintaining electrical plant such as motors, drives, transformers, generators, switchgear etc
- An excellent understanding of Safe Systems of Work including permits to work and risk assessments
- A flexible approach to working times
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Electrical Technician vacancy as follows:
- A salary of circa £34,100
- Considerable overtime available at 1.5 x
- Company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector on a state of the art plant
How do I apply...
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve Utton who can discuss more information with you.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.