Electrical Technician - Chemical Process
£30,000 - £35,000 plus bonus, overtime, etc.
We are currently recruiting Electrical Engineers / Electrically-biased Technicians / Electrical Technicians, to join a new state-of-the-art advanced gasification processing facility, currently under construction in the Swindon area. The Electrical Technician will play an integral part in the day-to-day running of the bespoke Thermal Treatment Plant, ensuring operations & maintenance are carried out in a safe, efficient and compliant manner.
What will I be doing?
As the Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, ensuring work is carried out within dedicated timescales
- Supporting the Shift Supervisor and guiding the Operator in continuous operations of the plant
- Control room operations and maintenance (SCADA)
- Ensuring safe systems of work and health & safety procedures are adhered to at all times
- Updating & maintaining documentation, ensuring accurate records are kept (audits, inspections, maintenance records, etc.)
- Monitoring materials input/output data, coordinating with the Shift Supervisor to ensure safe storage & disposal of products
- Promoting a strong team ethic
- Flexible working as part of a 24/7 shift pattern
- Other duties as required
What experience do I need to have?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you should ideally meet the following criteria:
- Experience working within an operations / production focused role within a heavy engineering environment. This can include Energy from Waste (Waste to Energy), Power Stations - CCGT, CHP, Coal, Petrochemical/ Oil & Gas, Cement works, Biogas production, Gasification or the Royal Navy/ Marine Engineering
- Knowledge of health & safety in the work place and safe systems of work
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential.
- Relevant Engineering qualification, preferably at HNC level, ideally in an Electrical, Controls or Instrumentation (EC&I) discipline or Operations focused
- Competency in "Hot Works"
What's in it for me?
The package on offer for this position includes:
- An attractive basic salary in the range of £30,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience & qualifications)
- Annual performance related bonus
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Cherie Moore on 02392 288 217.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.