Multi Skilled Technician - New Energy from Waste
£37,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting an Electro Mechanical Technician to join a new Energy from Waste power generation site located on the East of Leeds. Working as part of a rotating shift pattern (including one in three weekends and public holidays) the Electro Mechanical Technician will be responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical and mechanical equipment around the site to ensure it meets generation and availability targets safely and efficiently.
Reporting in to the Maintenance Engineer, typical duties will involve:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including rotating equipment, over-head cranes, motors, valves, pumps, switchgear variable speed drives, conveyor systems, instruments and PLCs
- Assisting during major maintenance periods (shut downs, outages etc.) when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on a range of equipment and effect immediate repairs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
A relevant technical engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline - mechanical, electrical or C&I
- At least 5 years of experience working in the maintenance department in a heavy process environment. This can be a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill. Electrically biased Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered.
- Detailed knowledge of plant and maintenance systems and their functionality. CMMS experience would be desirable
- A flexible approach to working patterns. You will form part of a call out rota that includes some weekend work and bank holidays
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary of circa £37,000
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
- The opportunity to join a brand-new facility
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to find out more information, call Astute Technical Recruitment and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton on 02392 221 600 or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.