Engine Technician - Landfill
Salary - c£35,000 DoE+ Car & Benefits
Location - Rainham (shift - days)
Astute Technical are currently looking to speak to Multi-Skilled Operations/Maintenance/Engine Technicians/Engineers to work within the Operations Team on a 24/7 landfill site/power station. Our client is an international provider in the renewable energy sector. This position is a shift based role working days based in Rainham with some travel in the surrounding areas.
General responsibilities as an Operations and Maintenance Technician;
- Operating and maintaining the landfill power plant/site
- Planned and corrective maintenance on large reciprocating engines such as Jenbacher, Deutz and CAT
- Mechanical and electrical reactive maintenance, commissioning and fault finding (LV & HV equipment, gas plant, engines etc.)
- Overhaul and rebuild engines
- Working within a team to ensure the plant runs smoothly
- Gas field maintenance assistance
- Ensuring maximum production where possible
- Comply with all company health, safety and environmental policies
- Supervise on site contractors when required
- Other duties as required
The ideal applicant will have;
- Prior experience maintaining and operating large industrial engines such as Jenbacher, Deutz, Cummins, CAT, Perkins etc.
- Ideally, relevant experience in landfill gas however transferrable skills will be considered such as ex-military personnel, working on CHP units, diesel or gas, power generation plants, marine, etc.
- Experience with engine rebuilds and overhauls and a strong mechanical and electrical knowledge
- A relevant engineering qualification such as NVQ Level3 +, City & Guilds, HNC/HND or equivalent
- 17th Edition is advantageous
- Experience working with operational systems such as SCADA along with a strong understanding of process control systems
- The ability to work on to a shift rota (days) and a full UK driving licence
You will be working on a shift rota of 5 days on, 3 days off then 9 days on, 4 days off - 7:30am-4pm with a 45-hour week. You will be working in a team of 4 including the Site Supervisor along with various external contractors, this role requires some local travel to other sites so you will need a full driving licence. A company vehicle and fuel card will be provided along with other company benefits and overtime. The salary offered is between £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
If you are interested exciting opportunity to join the renewable energy sector, please send in an up to date CV to email@example.com or speak to Becki for more information - 023 92 222 963.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.