Engineering Manager/Lead, R&D
Intelligent Employment are seeking a Engineering Manager/Lead for the design and development of a Traction Hoist, for an international organisation specialising in lifting services to the Wind Industry. This role will be based from their regional office in Bremen, Germany.
The Engineering Lead has overall management and technical responsibility for new product development, documentation, research and development activities, as well as sustaining engineering. Manage efforts of the local engineering team and interface with the extended team of internal and external engineering resources, which identify, develop and launch technologies and products for the Elevator, Wind Power Generation and Suspended Access Industry. Manage a team of four engineers. Will be coordinating activities with international (USA, Belgium) engineering teams. Main responsibilities include;
- Strong ability to research and implement new techniques and technologies in hoists design including alternative methods and improved system designs to improve performance, increase efficiency, and optimize reliability.
- Must have an understanding and applying engineering fundamentals based solutions.
- Create and nurture an engineering culture that promotes innovative concepts and products.
- Lead new product development projects from concept through implementation following the phase gate release process.
- Ensure that projects are executed in accordance with company standards and requirements and customer expectations.
- Apply sound engineering practices to ensure designs are robust, fit for use and tested accordingly.
- Work collaboratively within the company to align and direct engineering resources to ensure goals and obligations are achieved. Help direct cross-functional teams that are responsible to meet project deliverables.
- Develop and expand the capabilities of the mechanical and electrical engineering disciplines.
- Drive the creation of component specifications, component DFMEA, verification plans, and other technical design documents
- Develop test methods used in the calibration and validation of electro-mechanical hoist systems
- Utilize data acquisition tools for the collection and analysis of test data
- Support the manufacturing and service of the products through product designs
- Develop, procure and assemble prototype system build and operation on test hoists
- Build effective relationships with cross functional teams including supply chain, manufacturing, marketing, commercial and/or service
- Participate in sourcing process and interface with supply chain team and suppliers as required
We would like to hear from you if you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Power Electronics or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- 7+ years' experience as a design engineer engaged in new product developments. A minimum of 2 of those years in an engineering leadership role.
- Hands-on experience in test, validation, and development activities
- Experience with full product cycles from prototype to production
- Must have working knowledge in multiple engineering disciplines (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical, firmware, etc)
- Working with international teams experience, preferred
- Must have good communication in English
You would be working for an international company that provide safe, total access equipment solutions to a wide variety of construction related markets. Through a focused end market diversification strategy, today they serve customers in all energy segments, infrastructure, utilities, military installations and commercial construction and repair, supported by an expanded global sales and support network.