Environmental Technician - Energy from Waste
Cheshire and West Midlands
Salary - Up to £35,000 + Car allowance / Vehicle
Our client, a leading company within the Energy from Waste sector, are looking for an Environmental Technician to cover several of their plants across Cheshire and West Midlands.
You will be Assisting the Energy from Waste Managers in complying with Environmental Permit conditions and reporting requirements, which will include regular visits and inspections at the Gasification Plants across Cheshire and West Midlands.
This opportunity will require regular travel within the UK.
Reporting directly to the Operations and Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for the following (not all duties listed):
- Implementation of the IMS for O&M (to ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management System standard)
- Gathering, analysing and presenting data to validate Environment Permit compliance
- Gather and report to the Environmental Regulators (including Environment Agency, Ofgem etc.) as necessary including air, water discharges and waste management
- Liaising with the Environmental Regulators and attend meetings, as appropriate
- Provide advice, support and assistance to Waste to Energy and Operations & Maintenance personnel to empower them to manage their environmental and sustainability responsibilities.
- Development of site specific Environmental Management Plans and Work Instructions
- Regular environmental inspections and audits of Energy from Waste facilities (to include elements of safety, health and quality)
- Work with Operations & Maintenance and the SHEQ department to provide feedback and improvements to the IMS
We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge / qualifications:
- Relevant WAMITAB level 4 qualification or Diploma or Environmental Qualification
- Practical on-site experience
- Experience of compliance with Environmental Permits
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
- Moderate IT skills
- Effective time and workload management
- Flexible approach
- Ability to define goals and plan to deliver them
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in a relevant environmental based subject
- Experience of Environmental Permits within the Energy industry
How do I apply...
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can discuss more information with you.