H9 Technical Recruitment are currently working exclusively with a market-leading Waste Management and Resource business, in the recruitment of a General Manager, based in the North of England, to focus on the Materials Trading area of the business.
You will be offered a highly competitive salary, company car, and performance-related, bonus amongst other benefits.
Reporting to the Regional Director and a member of the Regional Management Team (RMT) the post holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Waste Fuel Supply (RDF/SRF), Commodity Trading and Re-Use Strategy, in line with the UK and Regional Business Plan.
The post holder will play a fundamental role in developing and negotiating new off-taker contracts as well as being responsible for investigating and delivering joint ventures/partnership for materials treatment and new UK/EU based Fuel Supply Agreements.
The post holder will liaise closely with the Head of Regional Development, Area Managers and other support departments such as the Bit Team, Estates and Planning, Technical, Legal and Finance.
- Work with the Regional Director to prepare a 2 year all-materials disposal/treatment strategy
- Manage the Regional Materials Trading team
- Support the Area Managers in the daily running of the operations in relation to the management of off-taker relations
- Prepare and present new supplier/off-taker contract documentation/papers for approval to the Approval Committee
- Coordinate, negotiate and implement new supplier contracts including but not exclusively RDF / fibre / Metal (various) / plastics / wood, etc.
- Work with the Regional Director, Head of Regional Development and Area Managers to develop the ReUSe strategy.
- Where necessary, coordinate, negotiate and manage the charitable appointment in relation to the retail operation of the ReUse Business.
- Where necessary, work with the local contract management teams in relation to the establishment (lead) and delivery (support) of the retail operation of the ReUse Business.
- Establish a formal industry network of groups and liaisons to ensure that the RMT is best placed at all times to maximize its opportunities to develop new business
The post holder will:
- Be full time and required to travel extensively throughout the Region, the UK and within Europe.
- Report to the Regional Director and attend monthly regional management team meeting
- Own and deliver the Waste Fuel Supply, Commodity Trading and ReUse Strategy
- Liaise closely and collaborate with the other General Manager – Materials Trading
- Where necessary, take the lead role in UK-wide development projects
- Manage and monitor the outputs and establish procedures for tracking/measuring workload efficiency in line with the company CRM system
Qualifications and Experience (preferred but not all essential):
- Proven track record in a management role with a proven track record in a profit centre of at least £5m turnover.
- Career should include at least five years in an organisation with a professional and disciplined approach to business/project development within a Waste Management environment.
- Previous experience and demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of business/project development programmes, to time, budget and specification; preferably in the waste industry
- Considerable previous experience and demonstrable track record in the successful negotiation of commercially viable and beneficial trading agreements.
- Suitably qualified in and with a proven track record and experience in the application of sound project development and project management techniques.
- Commercially aware with strong profit orientation. Numerate and financially astute.
- Commitment and determination to meet personal objectives. Strong drive and resilience.
- Proven ability to select and build strong teams. Strong leadership qualities, skilled in delivering measurable results through others; able to coach and inspire staff to broaden their outlook and raise their expectations..
- A highly credible leader, with strong people skills capable of developing and motivating a widespread and multi disciplined team.
- Presence and interpersonal skills to represent the company in contacts with key customers and other interested parties.
- Excellent business acumen and highly developed commercial negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a capacity of adding value to the decision making process.
- Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative
- Proven success of influencing at the highest level both internally and externally
- Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and improve operational and development performance.
- Ability to contribute to the overall
Interested? Please respond to this advert ASAP and if suitable, we will be back in touch in the near future to run through the details with you.
Confidentiality is ensured at all times.