Graduate Chemist - Power Station
Two Year Fixed Contract
Astute Technical Recruitment are looking to for a recent Graduate to assist in the delivery of a chemistry service on a coal fired Power Station in the Nottinghamshire. This is a two-year fixed contract role, ideally for someone who has recently graduated with a Chemistry or Environmental Science degree.
Role & Responsibilities
Within this job, you will be expected to do the following, plus more…
- You will be required to ensure that sampling, analysis and sample results are carried out efficiently and delivered to third parties in a timely fashion.
- Analysis and reporting of Power Station chemical parameters, instigating actions and reporting to the Assistant Chemist.
- Carrying out maintenance of chemical and environmental monitoring equipment in a laboratory environment.
- Fault finding on instrumentation
- Assist in chemistry operations from boiler water chemistry, water treatment plant, flue gas desulfurization and selective catalytic reduction plant
- Carry out routine sampling and analysis in line with company and statutory legislation
- Analysis of chemical and environmental parameters across a variety of Power Station departments
- Assist in the management of EPR, environmental management systems, COSHH systems and Legionella controls on site
Key skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following…
- A degree in an appropriate Chemistry/Science field
- IOSH or NEBOSH Qualification
- Understanding of Power Station operations (FGD, SCR etc)
- Working knowledge of water treatment technologies
- An analytical mindset allowing you to identify and analsyse situations, isolate key issues and evaluate relevant data to draw appropriate conclusions
Ideally we are looking for someone who completed an Industrial Placement within a Power Station or Heavy Process Industry, who has graduated with a degree in Chemistry/Environmental Science/Similar who is looking to get experience on one of the UK's remaining Coal Fired Power Stations with one of the Countries largest Power Generation firms.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.