Prevailing is a leading provider of engineering and analysis services to the wind farm industry. We are based in the UK and work on projects globally. We are involved throughout the development and operation of industrial scale, onshore wind farms, from early-stage feasibility studies to assessments of wind turbine production data. Our clients include some of the largest companies in the global renewables sector, as well as smaller, independent wind farm developers and operators. We are a small, fast-growing business offering an energetic team environment. Using our capabilities and experience, we aim to support our clients in designing and building better wind farms.
The Wind Farm Analyst role involves the prediction of wind resource and expected energy yield at proposed wind farms. The role requires strong numerical ability, good technical judgement and typically includes the following tasks:
· Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data
· Modelling of wind flow over hills and forests
· Assessment of turbine performance and the impact of environmental constraints such as noise
· Written and verbal communication of complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
· Effective team work in order to deliver projects on time and to budget
Prevailing is committed to the delivery of high quality and accurate outputs and therefore research and development is an important aspect of our work. In addition to consultancy work, every member of staff is encouraged to contribute to research that improves our understanding of wind farms and ensures we are working at the cutting edge of the industry. Being a small and flexible company allows us to take into account individuals’ areas of interest and where possible tailor research projects, encouraging innovation and project ownership.
Our working environment is open plan, allowing junior staff immediate opportunity to work closely with senior staff on front-line projects. Opportunities for travel are available. Full training and support will be provided, with opportunities to take on responsibility as skills progress.
- A-Level or equivalent in Maths with grade A or higher
- A 2:1 minimum MEng in engineering, physics or mathematics
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The flexibility and enthusiasm to thrive in an expanding business
- Strong interest in renewable energy
- Relevant previous work experience
- Academic background that includes fluid dynamics
- Advanced computing aptitude, including data handling and analysis
- Experience of computer programming
How to apply
Send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your cover letter your preferred office location. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.