Head of Business Development - Operations and Maintenance
|Job Title:||Head of Business Development - Operations and Maintenance|
|Salary:||£55000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Health care|
|Contact Name:||Alex Gardiner|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2017 14:39|
What is the role?
My Client is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager who will manage a team engaging with the off-shore wind industry for a company that specialises in O+M and is looking for a Business Development Lead.
We are currently looking for a Business Development Lead who will manage a team engaging with industry and developing enduring working relationships with the ORE Catapult. Identifying potential collaborative opportunities on a bilateral or programme basis and identify and secure sources of funding.
With the vision of being internationally recognised as a Centre of excellence in O&M, my client is looking for an experienced Business Development professional who has worked in the Operations and Maintenance arena in off-shore wind. You will be working with owner operators and turbine manufacturers and their supply chains to design and deliver programmes and advisory services for new technology, convening Joint Industry Programmes (JIPs) and working with early stage SME's and academia to accelerate the commercialisation of the most promising technologies.
What are my key responsibilities?
- Lead business development activity for the Operational Performance Team
- Co-ordinate Business Development activity across the Operational Performance Team and secure pipeline of activity for the Operational Performance Directorate working closely with Head of Projects and Head of Engineering.
- Set up and implement key account management within Operational Performance Team and collaborate across business to co-ordinate
- Build and manage the business development function for the Operational Performance Team, working collaboratively across the team and business, including; recruiting, managing, developing and retaining team
- Build, manage and retain strong relationships with key industry clients.
-Identify opportunities, build consortia and oversee the submission of Catapult bids for publically funded projects ensuring new project concepts and initiatives meet industry needs
- Maximise opportunities to secure public funding from central and devolved Governments and other Government bodies
- Facilitate the building of consortia in relation to the Offshore Wind Innovation Hub, optimising the Catapult's role as appropriate
- Identify, develop and implement opportunities to establish presence in the Humber and East of England region
- Engage with industry highlighting capabilities and achievements of ORE Catapult
- Support project and programme delivery through the delivery of suitable presentations and events.
Ensure OREC is represented at external events and conferences at the correct level and take responsibility for presentations when necessary.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- A degree or equivalent in a technical or business administration discipline, preferably of Chartered status.
- Minimum 5 years in a business development role
- A deep understanding of the Offshore Renewable Energy sector form early development to decommissioning.
- Demonstrable experience in the management of supply chain challenges and the ability to build effective business partnerships
- Experience of influencing, negotiating and managing details commercial contracts and business risks associated with commercialising technologies
- Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Project Directors, Senior Management (internal & external) and consultants.
- Sound planning and analysis skills with the ability to look forward and see / anticipate problems and thereafter plan and implement mitigating solutions to negate the effect of such problems.
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- Problem solving - dealing with conflicting requirements.
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed in overcoming obstacles.
- A capacity for change and experience of leading others through change.
- An understanding of how grant aid and government funding processes operate and the implications of state aid provisions.
Within their ever growing and innovative company who stand at the fore of green technology, the working environment is open, inspiring and multicultural, and we provide great potential for personal and professional development.
In return, an excellent remuneration package is offered which includes attractive basic salary, pension, bonus, and subsidised health care saving scheme.
For more information about this role please contact our London office
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Predictive Maintenance Engineer
Rotterdam, South Holland
£2098.50 - £3357.60 per month + packacge + car
Service Operations Manager
£58758 - £83940 per annum + package
Supervising Engineer and Contract Manager Greece
£41970 - £50364 per annum + package
Mechanical Engineer Second Level
£37773 - £46167 per annum + daily offshore allowance
£3228.41 - £4842.62 per month