H9 Technical Recruitment are currently working exclusively with a market-leading Waste Management and Resource company, to recruit for a Head of Regional Development, covering the North of England.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package are on offer, including company car and performance-related bonus.
Reporting to the Regional Director and a member of the Regional Management Team (RMT) the post holder will be responsible for the development and delivery of the Regional Development Strategy, in line with the UK Development Strategy.
The post holder will play a fundamental role in in collaboration with regional and bid teams developing and negotiating new tendered service contracts for municipal collections, treatment and recycling service contracts as defined by the Regional Development Strategy; this will include pre-selection of all tenders.
In addition the post holder will be responsible for investigating and delivering non-tendered opportunities for infrastructure development allowing for the continued expansion of the business operation.
Further, and where necessary, the post holder will also be responsible for supporting Area Managers in developing additional services within or extending the term of existing contracts. The post holder will liaise closely with the Bid Director, Senior Bid Managers, Area Managers and other support departments such as Estates and Planning, Technical, Legal and Finance.
- Report to the Regional Director and attend monthly regional management team meeting
- Manage the Regional Development team.
- Work with the Regional Director in the preparation of a 5 year Regional Development Strategy. Job owner will own and deliver the Regional Development Strategy, including the Engagement Plan.
- Coordinate the development, negotiation, agreement and implementation of new services (New Clients) including but not exclusively for the municipal collection, treatment and recycling contracts
- Prepare and present project development documentation/papers for approval to the Approval Committee
- Support Area Managers in the preparation of their development plans in accordance with good industry practice to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Establish an industry network of interested groups and liaisons to ensure that the RMT is best placed at all times to maximize its opportunities to develop new business
- Liaise closely and collaborate with the other Head(s) of Regional Development
- Where necessary, take the lead role in UK-wide development project
- Liaise closely and collaborate with Area Manager and the Bid Team
- Manage and monitor the Regional development team outputs, establish and maintain procedures for tracking/measuring workload efficiency in line with the company CRM system for pipeline management.
- Promote the wider Group and UK business at National and Regional level including industry group events, conferences and meetings.
Qualifications and Experience (preferred but not all essential)
- Degree or similar with experience of operating in a senior management role with a proven track record in a profit centre of at least £50m turnover.
- Career should include at least five years in an organisation with a professional and disciplined approach to business/project development
- Considerable and fully evidenced experience in the successful delivery of business/project development programmes, to time, budget and specification; preferably in the waste industry.
- Commercially aware with strong profit orientation. Numerate and financially astute with a commitment and determination to meet personal objectives; a strong drive and resilience
- A highly credible influencer, with strong people skills capable of developing and motivating a widespread and multi-disciplined group of stakeholders
- Excellent business acumen and highly developed commercial negotiation skills
- Good people development skills and leadership qualities; able to coach and inspire people to broaden their outlook and raise their expectations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a capacity of adding value to the decision making process. Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative
Please respond to this advert to be considered for the position