JOB TITLE Workshop Technician
LOCATION Padworth, Newbury
SALARY Competitive hourly rates and excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician with an LGV / HGV background to join our clients' Workshop Maintenance Team based in Padworth.
Our client is a global leader in environmental solutions, providing a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services designed to build the circular economy and preserve scarce raw materials. This will a be permanent role, to be based in Padworth.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician with a background in LGV / HGV maintenance to join our clients' Fleet Maintenance Team, based in Padworth. Planning and supervising the maintenance of a mixed fleet of vehicles you will be required to undertake diagnosis of vehicles and equipment faults & carry out major component overhaul.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Required to attend roadside breakdowns and able to work as part of a team.
- Duties include repairs to all types of vehicles, plant and any other work to do with the service.
- Required to fill in a daily worksheet / timesheet individual job cards, legal documentation such as safety inspection sheets for vehicle and body equipment and plant maintenance each day.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards
- Undertake diagnosis of vehicle and equipment faults, major component overhaul.
- To undertake regular safety monitoring of Workshop facilities and equipment.
- Five years' practical experience and apprentice trained as a mechanical technician / fitter.
- Hold a current driving license, preferable an LGV desired but not essential.
- Efficient in the following tasks; Subject to an LGV Driver license qualification; Taking vehicles for M.O.T testing; Mechanical; Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics.
- Time served HGV / LGV Mechanic or Motor Mechanic
- LGV Licence
There is an excellent hourly rate and benefits package for the right candidate
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 & speak to Don Marsh
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.