H9 Technical Recruitment are currently working with the EPC contractor of a major new build Energy from Waste project in the Gloucestershire region.
They are looking to recruit an experienced HSE Manager on a contract basis with a competitive rate of pay on offer and accomodation costs covered.
Reporting to the Project Director, the HSE Manager duties will include:
- Leading the implementation of standardised Health & Safety Systems across the Plant
- Communicating between parties including client, EPC contractor, sub-contractor to ensure safety procedures are followed at all times
- Developing and managing the risk assessment/accident reporting system
- Knowledge of management systems, management standards and registrations schemes (ISO 9001, 14001, 18001)
- Liaising with external bodies such as the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and Regulators
- Advising on environmental issues
- Developing a strong H&S Culture
- Providing HSE training for Operations & Maintenance staff
- Emissions Monitoring including Noise Pollution and Odour Control
You should possess the following background:
- A proven track record in HSE gained in a heavy engineering environment such as Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant HSE field
- NEBOSH Qualification is essential as a minimum
- Knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments and H&S Legislation and best practice
- Working experience with Emissions Monitoring (CEMS)
Interested? Please respond to this advert today or contact Mark at H9 Technical on 0203 371 8915 to discuss in more details.