This is a great opportunity for an experienced renewable energy investment executive to take a key role in a successful 'buy side' investment team and lead on origination, deal structure and execution plus project finance arrangements.
The company is an established fund manager with significant AUM in the UK and abroad, including a growing renewable energy portfolio, the portfolio is broad and includes wind, solar PV and biomass assets etc.
The role reports to the department head and covers three key areas, likely with a focus on capital raising.
- Investment: originating and completing investment opportunities in the sector as part of the investment roll out; actively advising the Investment Committee, Executive Committee and relevant fund boards on acquisitions and disposals.
- Portfolio Management: overseeing and reporting on operations from the current portfolio, adding value to existing renewable investments, liaising with external advisers.
- Capital Raising: supporting fund managers on both debt and equity raising.
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Grow, source and originate the investment pipeline in the renewables sector
- Arrange and structure appropriate debt finance
- Analyse investment opportunities and provide relevant feedback
- Negotiate terms and contracts with sellers, suppliers, advisers and partners
- Coordinate transactions including commercial, legal and technical due diligence
- Create financial models to advise on viability, sensitivity, structure and funding
- Produce and present investment papers including detailed planning and risk/reward analysis
- Research and produce presentations for new products
- Assist with business development activities including client presentations
- Liaise with fund managers and partners on ongoing activities
- Portfolio analysis and optimisation including management of key stakeholders
- Provide mentoring for team members
- An accountancy, banking, actuarial or surveying qualification (ideally with post-graduate qualifications such as CFA, MA, MBA or MSc).
- Several years' experience of private equity and project finance with a demonstrable track record in sourcing, structuring and executing a variety of transactions through to completion, with substantial UK centric experience.
- An in depth understanding of the UK renewables sector including strong relationships within the sector.
- Experience of project development, construction and operations and within UK renewables.
- Highly numerate, with financial modelling skills, preferably advanced, together with high technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind and a commercial approach.
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed.
- Good communicator and highly articulate (written and verbal), with high quality report writing skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments.
- Right to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Competitive base salary to £120,000 plus bonus and benefits.