Junior Performance Engineer - Power Generation
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package
We are recruiting for a Junior Performance Engineer to join an established company in the Power Generation industry based in Southampton. You will be a supporting the Principal Performance Engineer as a member of the Customer Support & Applications department, focusing on performance analysis, sales and test support for all current and future products.
You will be involved with assisting the Sales & Marketing department, producing technical documentation and supporting the Support Engineers in problem solving throughout the testing period.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a growing, highly-desired employer with an excellent company benefits package and a chance to develop a career in Power Generation Engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
As the Junior Performance Engineer, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Assist the Principal Engineer in performing aero & thermodynamic simulations on current and future products using 1D methods.
- Providing problem solving & data analysis support during product commissioning.
- Achieving objective targets within a project environment either individually or within a team.
- Product technical documentation/literature, assisting the Sales & Marketing department with marketing ideas.
- Assist the Customer Support & Applications team as and when required as part of the wider engineering team.
- Further develop company quality processes as part of ISO 9001.
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Principal Performance Engineer vacancy, candidates should have:
- A minimum 2:1 or higher Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Understanding of turbo machinery and thermodynamics analysis and validation.
- Knowledge of highspeed rotating machinery, turbines, electrical machines, power electronics analysis
- Strong knowledge of MS package, FEA, Matlab, Simulink and CAD software
Our client offers a great deal of benefits if you were selected to be the new Principal Performance Engineer:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Holiday Entitlement of 27 Days + Bank Holidays
- 5% Pension Scheme
- 37 Hour Week + Half Day on Fridays
- Cycle2Work, Healthcare etc
If you are interested in this position and want to find out more, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dan on 02392 288 286.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.