Job Title Landfill Supervisor - Croydon - from £32k to 37k
Location South London
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and are passionate about transforming everyday waste into high quality raw materials and a valuable Energy source. They still have a number of fully operational Landfill sites and it is on one of these that they seek an experienced Site Supervisor, to run their everyday operations.
About the role
Based on our client's established Landfill site you will provide full operational supervision and support to the facility, assisting the Site Manager site with not only the people management aspects but also ensuring statutory, regulatory and legislative compliance across the whole site.
Your day to day responsibilities
- Ensuring the successful operation of a busy Open Landfill site.
- Ensure compliance with all Company procedures, statutory legislation and industry good practice.
- Maintain good employee relations including managing absence, annual leave to assist the Unit Manager with carrying out annual Performance Appraisal Reviews (PAR's) and Annual Training Reviews of all direct reports.
- Remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control.
- Manage contractors, visitors and other direct employees undertaking activities on site to ensure compliance with the companies Policies and Procedures. This includes, but is not limited to; the provision of Site Inductions, review of H&S documentation before issuing ATW or PTW and the subsequent monitoring to ensure compliance with company Policies and Procedures.
To be considered for the role you will need
- Knowledge of relevant Waste Management Legislation, H&S regulation and safe systems of work.
- A proven track record of man management and production/maintenance management of an Landfill/industrial/factory type facility.
- Experience in driving plant e.g Tractor, Waste Compactor, Loading Shovel, 25 Tonne ADT, 360/180 Excavator
- Good knowledge of plant and machinery relevant to waste recycling and recovery.
- Understanding of weighbridge weighing systems including weights and measures.
- Knowledge of the waste hierarchy and Duty of Care requirements.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Ability to perform a range of tasks and duties autonomously once directed by Management.
- High levels of professionalism, numeracy and literacy.
- Sound keyboard skills. Competent with Microsoft Office packages.
- Accuracy and tenacity.
- Full driving licence.
- COTC / NEBOSH
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
What's on offer to you
In return this opening presents a first-class opportunity to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, managing the quality aspects of a fully operational Landfill site. In return they can offer a competitive salary and package, full training and career development.
If you are interested in applying for this post please email an up to date copy of your CV to Chris Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call 02392 288214 for a confidential talk about this and other openings which may prove of interest.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.