Job Title Leachate Supervisor
Location Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
Salary Up to £24,360
Our client are the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and as such provide a complete range of collection, treatment and disposal services to both commercial and domestic customers on a nationwide basis. With a growing focus on Recycling and the Circular Economy this is proving to be one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK, offering both secure & lengthy careers working with an established and well-regarded employer.
About the role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Leachate Supervisor to join our client's operational team based at Gerrards Cross Landfill. You will be required to provide legislative compliance, operational & developmental support to Landfill Site Manager & other departments as required, in line with Company policies, procedures & systems, ensuring continued statutory compliance.
The successful candidate will be based at their Landfill and Commercial Site, managing the operation of the new on-site leachate treatment plant.
Your main duties will include
- Recording of sampling data and costs to enable accurate budgetary forecasting and management of P&L's.
- Undertake accurate recordings of analyses of samples taken on leachate and results received from the laboratory, both from within the Leachate Treatment Plant (LTP) and from the field, at both Gerrards Cross and Springfield Farm sites. Act on results received and inform the relevant persons regarding failures or trends. Increase sampling and/or inspection frequencies in line with the LTP Operating Manual, LTP Operation and Maintenance Manual and Company Policies and Procedures to ensure optimum performance of the LTP.
- Undertake efficient and effective monitoring and maintenance of the field leachate pumping systems at Gerrards Cross and Springfield Farm Landfill. Record and report results and actions taken. Record and report any defects to the systems.
- Utilise the Business Management Systems for internal & external processes as required to ensure consistency, [this includes a requirement to have working knowledge of various Company systems e.g. WIMS, RIVO & BMS - Business Management System].
- Ensure enquiry handling & other customer focused activities are carried out in line with principles of Customers First.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
To be successful in your application for this role we require candidates to have a Degree level (preferably) Education, sufficient to cover the demands of the role with a good standard of English & Maths being considered essential. An understanding of, or experience, in the operation of a leachate treatment facility, collection of samples and sampling techniques is also required.
Previous operational experience gained in a similar industry, or role, is desirable however the role could suit a Degree Qualified Chemist who is looking to develop their hands on experience. A good working IT knowledge & use of a range of Microsoft Office packages (especially word and excel) along with Research, data analysis & accurate data entry, with clear & concise reporting, are required.
What's on offer to you
This opening presents a first-class opportunity to join the global leader in Waste Management and Environmental solutions, managing their new Leachate Treatment. In return they can offer a competitive salary up to £24,360, full training and career development. For more information please contact Chris Jones on 02392 288214, emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.