Lead EC&I Technician - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are working with an international client who have several Power Generating assets across the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Lead Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Technician to join the Maintenance Team of this 700MW + Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station.
The Lead EC&I Technician is responsible for overseeing a team of Production Technicians, managing contracts and assisting with the day to day maintenance activities on site to ensure the station operates at high availability and to a high standard of Health & Safety.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Lead Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating and supervising the daily site activities in line with the Production Managers instructions
- Supervising a team of Production Technicians and managing contracts
- Take on the role of Outage Co-Ordinator in a forced outage to ensure resources are allocated efficiently and assist the Engineering Team to successfully deliver planned outages, projects, plant improvements and RCA investigations
- Co-ordinate and allocate resources to deliver an effective planned and reactive maintenance program and production schedule
- Assist with Production budgets, ensuring these are inline with business plan requirements
- Regularly update and maintain the sites QMS and CMMS to ensure accurate records of maintenance, services and repair work are kept.
- Ensure all work is carried out inline with the Company's Safety Rules and that work is carried out to a high standard of Health & Safety and actively partake in HSE initiatives
- Provide technical advice and out of hours support as and when required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- ONC/HND/HNC in a relevant Engineering disciple
- 17th Edition and ideally High Voltage Senior Authorised Persons status
- IOSH or NEBOSH Health & Safety Qualification
- Hands on working experience of Gas & Steam Turbines, Boilers, Balance of Plant and CMMS systems
- Ideally a working background from a Heavy Process sector such as CCGT Power Stations, Energy from Waste, Biomass, Refineries, Papermills or Steelworks
- Supervisory experience
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work on a large CCGT Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.