Lead EC&I Technician - Energy From Waste - Power Station
Salary up to £47,000 + Excellent Benefits
We are currently recruiting for the new Lead Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Technician to join a relatively new Energy from Waste Power Station in Cambridgeshire which generates 7.25 megawatts, enough to power 16,000 homes. You will play a lead role in the day to day supervision of the EC&I activities including planned and unplanned maintenance and ensuring the safe operation of the plant.
As the Lead EC&I Technician, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Managing and supervising the day to day activities of the EC&I maintenance team
- Organising and carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities on all EC&I assets to ensure efficient operation of the site and to maximise plant availability.
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved efficiently and ensuring all health, safety and environmental procedures and legislations are adhered to.
- Support in the supervision of the contractors on site and conduct plant and area safety inspections when required.
- Making sure all reports and logs are kept up to date via the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)
- Following all safe systems of work including; carrying out risk assessments and issuing permits.
- Issuing task and workload to your Technicians and assisting them with the planning of their workload including training, development, monitoring staff progress and ensuring general housekeeping is efficient.
- Covering for the Engineering Manager in his absence.
- A relevant technical qualification at HND/HNC/ONC level or equivalent in electrical or C&I engineering
- Excellent knowledge of PLC's, Control Systems, SCADA and Instrumentation.
- Previous experience in EC&I maintenance within a heavy process industry such as; Power Station (Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP, Nuclear etc.) Chemical Plant or Refinery
- An IOSH or NEBOSH would be beneficial.
- HV electrical experience is desirable but not essential.
Please Note: Candidates must be a British Citizen, live within the EU or have an Indefinite Leave to Remain VISA. All candidates that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV and a brief cover note to the email below or please call the office and ask to speak to Olivia Naylor.
Office Number: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.