JOB TITLE HGV / LGV Workshop Technician
LOCATION South Oxfordshire
SALARY Competitive salary and excellent benefits
Our client is s one of the UK's leading suppliers of integrated waste management and environmental solutions providing a total waste management service for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste.
This is a permanent role, to be based in the South Oxfordshire region and is key to the efficient and effective running of their plant.
Our client is looking to recruit an HGV / LGV - Technician / Mechanic to be part of their team providing a high quality, reliable and cost effective vehicle maintenance service. You will be carrying out repairs, inspections and MOT's on a varied fleet of vehicles to a high standard in accordance with manufacturers and legislative guidelines.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Carry out vehicle inspections, repairs, including manufacturer warranty repairs and services in a timely manner and against agreed deadlines in accordance with supplier and Ministry standards.
- Prepare and submit LGV vehicles for annual MOT inspections.
- Undertake fault diagnosis, repair and report mechanical defects on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company's Health & Safety procedures and regulations at all times.
- Compliance with Safe Operating Procedures (SOP's) and Risk Assessments.
- Provide a high level of support and guidance to apprentice technicians.
- Provide roadside assistance where safe to do so to broken down vehicles.
- Ensure full compliance with all Company policies and procedures including health and safety and employment.
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- City & Guilds HGV parts 1, 2, & 3 or NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent, with suitable and relevant vehicle knowledge and experience.
- Ideally hold a current LGV licence Class 2 minimum and digital Tachograph card with a good understanding of Tachograph system.
- Ideally have completed 35 hrs driver CPC and hold a valid driver CPC card,
- Good understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrics with strong practical and fitting skills on mechanical and technical equipment.
- Good problem solving skills
There is an excellent Salary and Benefits package for the right candidate
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak with Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.