JOB TITLE Workshop Technician / Fitter - LGV
LOCATION Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
SALARY From £32k to £35k plus excellent benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician / Fitter with a LGV background to join our client's Clacton-on-Sea Workshop, based in Essex.
Our client is a global leader in environmental solutions, providing a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services throughout the UK. This will a be permanent role, to be based in their Essex Workshop.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Technician with a background in LGV maintenance to join our clients' fleet team, based in Essex. You will be required to maintain and repair a mixed fleet of vehicles and equipment in accordance to company standards. This will include undertaking diagnosis of vehicles and equipment faults & carrying out major component overhauls.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- Undertake inspections/servicing/repairs to Company vehicles and equipment to Company standards and procedures.
- Complete all Company documentation related to service/repair reporting.
- Use and operate workshop facilities and equipment safely and in accordance with Company and Legal requirements.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle/equipment on which he is working, and the workshop and surrounding areas.
- Report any unsafe or defective plant, tools, equipment, PPE, practices, methods or other hazards
- LGV Class 1 license - Desirable
- Time served LGV/Mechanic
- Diagnostic skills
- Major component overhaul skills
- Specialist skills (e.g. welding, electric's) would be advantageous
There is an excellent hourly rate and benefits package for the right candidate. For further information please feel free to contact Chris Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.