JOB TITLE: Maintenance Supervisor (days) - Waste Processing - up to £38k
SALARY: Up to £38,000, plus overtime and benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our client on their Waste Processing Facility over in Basildon.
Our client is an International Recycling and Resource Management company, operating over 200 specialist treatment plants worldwide. Their new plant in Basildon is a fully operational Mechanical Biological Treatment facility processing residential waste from Essex. You will be working days from 6am to 6pm on a 2-week day shift pattern.
In the Supervisory role, you will be leading a team or Engineers and semi-skilled operations staff on a variety of maintenance focused tasks around the Facility. The position will see you working within the plant Maintenance team, where you will be responsible for the planned and reactive mechanical maintenance on the processing plant, adhering to strict health and safety procedures at all times. You will be required to produce reports, weekly and monthly and document all work carried out in the Maintenance log. Although in a supervisory capacity the role itself will still incorporate hands on Engineering as you will be not only supervising the team but also working alongside fellow Engineering staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out equipment breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- To plan and carry out planned preventative Maintenance on all plant and equipment aiming to achieve maximum plant availability, with zero unplanned down time.
- Supervise the daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections.
- Conduct safety compliance inspections and maintain records.
- Ensure that programmed work is completed on time to the satisfaction of business requirement.
- Working to health and safety, environmental other standards as they apply to the process.
- Maintaining standard operating procedures as required.
- Use radio frequency equipment as required.
- Manage external buildings/service maintenance contracts (pat testing, fire alarms, compressor etc.)
- Develop/document training material to facilitate transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Effective and economical control of critical spares for all key processes.
- Experience of working with engineering drawings.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance.
- Adhere to safe working practice and procedures including and not limited to lockout, tag out, confined space and working at heights etc.
- Operate a variety of equipment including loaders, forklifts, high lifts, cranes, cherry pickers.
- Supervise a team to ensure things are carried out correctly.
Past experience required will include:
To be considered for the supervisor role you must be able to demonstrate a strong multi-skilled Maintenance Engineering background, with first class leadership and people skills.
Working as part of the Maintenance team past knowledge on a MBT / Recycling / Material Processing / FMCG / etc. would be advantageous. Although Mechanically biased a good working knowledge and day to day dealing with Electrics would be considered desirable. The plant consists of specialist equipment including conveyors, compactors, shredders, trommels, optical sorting equipment, Eddy current separators, motors, gearboxes, hydraulic and pneumatic kit. Therefore prior knowledge working on this type of equipment would be most helpful.
With a multi-skilled background, you will need to be able to demonstrate formal training ideally at Engineering Apprenticeship level (or equivalent time served experience). Candidates qualified to City & Guilds/NVQ level 3 or recognised engineering qualifications would be preferred.
You'll have worked in maintenance engineering / technician roles in manufacturing and production engineering environment.
There is an excellent Salary plus benefits package including overtime for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288214 and speak to Chris Jones for a confidential chat on this exciting opening.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.