Location - West Sussex
Salary- £30,000 - £36,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician to join our clients operations team based at Ford in West Sussex.
Due to continuing business success and growth they now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Maintenance Technician to join their team in Ford, working 47.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekends.
The purpose of the role:
To plan, organise and where necessary to undertake preventative, planned and breakdown maintenance to the plant and ancillary equipment. Working with the operational team, the engineering section and with third party contractors providing a safe and efficient service ensuring that Health & Safety is complied with at all times and that all procedures and safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- To plan, organise and where necessary to undertake preventative, planned and
breakdown maintenance to plant and equipment.
- To ensure continuous improvement projects are seen through to a successful
- To uphold and exceed standards of safety ensuring all work areas are kept tidy
by adopting a "clean as you go" approach at all times
- To be aware of budget and stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the
- To communicate effectively and in a timely manner
- To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance
Qualifications, role specific knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will need a formal engineering qualification alongside formal experience of working within an Engineering environment in a multi-skilled role with an electrical bias. You will also need:
- Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel
- Full driving licence
- 17th Edition of the IEE wiring regulations
- Knowledge of hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Experience working with low levels of supervision in a high-pressure production environment
- Experience of PLC control systems and inverter drives
There is a salary of up to £36,000 plus a great benefits package for this excellent opportunity
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.