Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Mechanical
Our Client is one of the UK's leading provider of Environmental solutions, offering a full range of Waste and Energy Recovery services through a vast and growing network of Plants and Facilities across the country. They pride themselves in transforming what we as a nation tend to discard into a valuable resource, always maintaining the focus on reducing the carbon footprint and limiting the impact on the environment itself. As such they are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join one of their established plants in Suffolk.
What you will be doing
- Planning and carrying out maintenance and repair of plant and ancillary equipment, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Attending site for unplanned breakdowns out of hours to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Providing a safe and efficient service ensuring that Health & Safety is at the forefront of working practice and that all organisational procedures and safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
- Working with the maintenance team to ensure the completion of reactive and planned maintenance plus plant modifications to improve the efficiency and reliability of the plant.
- Working closely with Site Production Supervisors, ensuring material quality/products are maintained to a high standard Undertaking fault finding, diagnostics and corrections
- Ensuring that process plant and equipment operates effectively and efficiently during the shift period.
- Close liaison with the Unit Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensuring that the plant as set up and operated produces product to an agreed specification.
What you will need
To be considered for this position you will need to have a recognised Level 3 NVQ/HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar. You will have experience of working with low levels of supervision in a high-pressure production environment. Maintenance experience from within a relevant industry (power generation, energy from waste, waste management, heavy process) is a must.
What's in it for you
This is a excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's leading specialists in the Waste and Energy recovery sector. This is a rota-based position with overtime available. For more information please contact Lauren White on 02392 222 965, emailing your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.