Job Title Maintenance Technician
Salary £30750 plus benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management specialist and are passionate about transforming everyday waste into high quality raw materials and a valuable Energy source. They operate a number of Material Processing Facilities around the UK that seek to separate and reuse materials traditionally sent to Landfill.
They are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Technician or Fitter to work on their Recycling plant in Crayford, South East London.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to operate as a team member in a pro-active and re-active maintenance department, carrying out professional maintenance and repair to all the sites fixed equipment and mobile infrastructure. You'll have worked in maintenance engineer / technician roles in manufacturing and production engineering environments, with hands on knowledge of equipment including conveyors, motors, gearboxes, hydraulics and pneumatics, with a basic electrical knowledge / awareness.
Duties will include:
- Ensure housekeeping in and around maintained equipment is to a high standard.
- Undertaking scheduled PPM's in accordance with the maintenance schedule and manufactures guidelines.
- Proactive hands-on approach to identifying mechanical issues before they hinder plant performance.
- Flexibility and availability towards working times to ensure the site is kept operational day and night.
- To participate on an agreed call out rota.
- To assist in any other tasks as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Desired previous experience
- Must have previous fitting experience in industrial environment including maintenance of fixed plant and machinery
- Recognised time served apprenticeship in mechanical engineering
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with managers and staff
What they can offer you in return
In return for your hard work as a Maintenance Technician, they are offering a salary of £30,750 per annum plus excellent benefits and plenty of opportunity for personal development. You will be joining a well-regarded business that takes a real pride in its workforce and understands the importance of employing the right people.
You will be working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 214 and speak to Chris Jones direct.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.