Rate - Neg
Duration - 6 months
We are currently recruiting for a Materials Coordinator for an Energy form Waste Project based in south west London. The Material Controller must have experience of working for a medium sized EPC with knowledge of large Process Equipment. Someone who is driven, focused and able to work in a fast paced environment is essential with excellent communication skills as you will be the main contact for all construction material queries. The successful candidate will have knowledge of a Material Coordination software such as MARIAN and will be required to set up a new system and control procedures.
Reporting to the Project Director the Material Controller will be responsible for;
- Coordinate with engineering and procurement to define what and when construction materials are due on site
- Determine and record what materials are already on site (and where on site i.e. which laydown area) and identify what certification and documentation is in place. Ensure all parties that need access to materials are fully advised
- Use /develop robust system to ensure effective tracking of all construction materials on site including quality documentation [correct certification, permits and approvals] are in place to allow for construction instillation and commissioning
- Check-in all materials as they arrive on site, ensuring correct certifications are in place, and ensure all deliveries are organised to the correct lay down area.
- Coordinate with construction managers and project controls staff to determine what materials are on site and when they are due delivery / instillation.
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedures for demand planning processes and systems to ensure that material needs and requirements are effectively met
- Be the key point of contract for construction management on all materials location and availability.
- Coordinate effectively with Subcontractors on their materials control requirements
If this is of interest to you or you know someone who might be interested please contact Kevin on 02392 288 285 alternatively email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.