MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Long Term Contract
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior/Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to work on Water Treatment projects in the East Sussex area with considerable experience in the Water or Waste Water industry.
You will be responsible for coordinating the design and producing mechanical design layouts taking account of health and safety requirements, the design specification as well as monitoring the design cost and budget throughout the project.
As Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will be expected to perform the following but not limited to …
- Ensuring that plant and equipment is procured on time ad to budget
- Monitoring design costs and providing design services appropriate to the allowance available
- Production of monthly reports
- Ensuring designs adhere to all health and safety requirements
- Assisting with updating procedures and processes and implementation of these
- Producing estimates and feedback for other departments
- Ensure that designs take account of environmental issues
Background, Education and Experience:
- Candidates will hold a minimum of an HNC in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Significant water industry knowledge and experience of working within the Waste or Clean Water sectors
- Have a strong technical understanding
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
- Experience of designing mechanical equipment for water and sewage treatment purposes
- Experience of working with remote/geographically-dispersed teams is desirable but not essential
If you are interested in this position, please contact Samantha Lancashire on 02392 221600 or send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.